Health Insurance Reviews

Health

Insurance

Reviews

Articles

Tonik Colorado

Tonik Colorado

Tonik Health Insurance now offered from Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Colorado!

After first visiting Colorado President Theodore Roosevelt said, "this state is going to be more and more the playground for the whole republic... You will see this the real Switzerland of America". While snowboarding, skiing, climbing, biking, and kayaking may take place in both Switzerland and Colorado, one thing is very different - the lack of healthcare in Colorado.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Colorado introduced Tonik health insurance in 2004. Since that time the plan has attracted many enrollees, of which 70% did not have prior coverage. Tonik is unique because the plans are easy to understand and offer comprehensive coverage including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage.

Colorado Tonik plans offer three deductible options: $1500, $3000, $5000. The plans are often marketed toward CO’s young and reckless, but anyone under the age of 65 can apply for Tonik in the state of Colorado.

Tonik Colorado Overview:

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Colorado offers three different Tonik plans:

1) the Thrill Seeker (Tonik 5000)

2) the Part-time Daredevil (Tonik 3000)

3) the Calculated Risk-taker (Tonik 1500)


**IMPORTANT NOTICE**

Anthem Blue Cross And Blue Shield of Colorado is only offering the Colorado Tonik Thrill Seeker $5,000 deductible at this time. Please check back for further updates.

There are also many other Colorado health insurance plans to choose from, many with very similar characteristics to Colorado Tonik.

What is the difference between the different Tonik plans in Colorado?

All three Colorado Tonik plans offer the same all-around coverage: preventive, emergency, prescriptions, eyes, and teeth. The only difference is the monthly premium, deductible, co-pay, and number of doctor's visits included. The chart below outlines each plan.

For any questions about Tonik health benefits,co-pay, or any other questions, please call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health professional who can answer any questions you may have about Tonik Health Insurance in Colorado.

Colorado Tonik Plans Comparison Chart:

Thrill Seeker Part-time Daredevil Calculated Risk-taker
deductible $5000 $3000 $1500
average monthly cost $83-$100 CURRENTLY N/A CURRENTLY N/A
doctor's visit $20 (4 visits/year) $30 (4 visits/year) $40 (unlimited visits)
generic drugs $10 $10 $10
ER visit $100 $100 $100
inpatient hospital $0 after deductible $0 after deductible $0 after deductible
dental deductible* $25 $25 $25
cleaning & exams $0 $0 $0
fillings 20% 20% 20%
vision benefit** $150 $150 $150

*All Colorado Tonik plans include the same Anthem PPO dental maintenance plan. Checkups, cleanings and your initial x-rays are free. If you need a filling you only pay the $25 dental deductible and 20% of the procedure, and Tonik Colorado pays the remaining 80%. Tonik Colorado does not cover cosmetic procedures or major dental such as root canals.

**Vision does not require a deductible or co-pay. Tonik Colorado will reimburse you $50 for routine eye exams, regular glasses, or contact lenses no matter where you go for these services. Tonik Colorado also covers up to $100 for your glasses or $80 for contacts every two years when you use the BlueView Vision Network. In addition, when you use the BlueView Vision network you only pay $25 for most eyeglass lenses.

Apply for Tonik Colorado online or call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health agent about Tonik Health Insurance.

Colorado Department of Insurance - Tonik Health Insurance Colorado

Scroll Up