Health Insurance Reviews

Health

Insurance

Reviews

Articles

Tonik Connecticut

Tonik Connecticut

Tonik Health Insurance from Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield is now available in Connecticut!

Tonik health insurance is now being offered in Connecticut by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Tonik is a major medical plan that includes not only major medical coverage but also dental and vision. While Tonik plans are available for anyone under the age of 65, they are primarily marketed toward Connecticut’s young, reckless and uninsured, especially ages 19-29.

David R. Fusco, president, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Connecticut states, "Tonik is an important new health benefit product that allows this growing demographic to purchase coverage on their own terms. Since all Tonik plans include medical, dental and vision, it allows young people to buy one policy to meet their needs." Fusco further went on to say, “Anthem conducted market research and asked this consumer group what they were looking for in a health plan. The end result is Tonik, an expansion of our individual product portfolio that makes it easy for young consumers to understand the concepts and terminology associated with health insurance and even apply online."

Tonik offers three unique Tonik plans in CT with three unique deductibles, $1500, $3000, and $5000. All Connecticut Tonik plans even include a $100 co-payment clause for emergency care with the deductible waived. Fusco explains Anthem's concern for the young and uninsured. "Many young adults lose insurance under their parents' coverage when they graduate from college, leaving them uninsured until they find a job. Once they find employment, they may have to wait several months to be eligible for health insurance benefits - if their employer provides health insurance. Still others feel young, healthy and invincible and lack knowledge of health care costs without insurance should they encounter a serious illness or be involved in an accident."

Tonik Connecticut Overview:

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Connecticut offers three different Tonik plans:

1) the Thrill Seeker (Tonik 5000)

2) the Part-time Daredevil (Tonik 3000)

3) the Calculated Risk-taker (Tonik 1500)


**IMPORTANT NOTICE**

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is currently not offering any Tonik Connecticut plans at this time. Please check back for further updates.

There are also many other Connecticut health insurance plans to choose from, many with very similar characteristics to Connecticut Tonik.

What is the difference between the different Tonik plans in Connecticut?

All three Connecticut Tonik plans offer the same all-around coverage: preventive, emergency, prescriptions, eyes, and teeth. The only difference is the monthly premium, deductible, co-pay, and number of doctor's visits included. The chart below outlines each plan.

For any questions about Tonik health benefits,co-pay, or any other questions, please call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health professional who can answer any questions you may have about Tonik Health Insurance in Connecticut.

Connecticut Tonik Plans Comparison Chart:

Thrill Seeker Part-time Daredevil Calculated Risk-taker
deductible $5000 $3000 $1500
average monthly cost CURRENTLY N/A CURRENTLY N/A CURRENTLY N/A
doctor's visit $20 (4 visits/year) $25 (4 visits/year) $30 (unlimited visits)
generic drugs $10 (brand name $25) $10 (brand name $25) $10 (brand name $25)
ER visit $100 $100 $100
inpatient hospital $0 after deductible $0 after deductible $0 after deductible
dental deductible* $50 $50 $50
cleaning & exams $0 $0 $0
fillings 20% 20% 20%
vision/hearing** $20 $25 $30

**All Connecticut Tonik plans include the same Anthem Blue Cross PPO dental maintenance plan. Checkups, cleanings and your initial x-rays are free. If you need a filling you only pay the $50 dental deductible and 20% of the procedure, and Tonik Connecticut pays the remaining 80%. Tonik Connecticut does not cover cosmetic or major dental such as root canals.

**Tonik Connecticut covers one exam per year for both vision and hearing. You pay the same rate listed above under doctor's visit.

Apply for Tonik Connecticut online or call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health agent about Tonik Health Insurance.

Connecticut Department of Insurance - Tonik Health Insurance Connecticut

Scroll Up