Health Insurance Reviews

Health

Insurance

Reviews

Articles

Tonik Georgia

Tonik Georgia

Tonik Health Insurance now offered by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Georgia!

Tonik health insurance is designed for the 17 million young and uninsured throughout Georgia. Tonik plans are unique because the contain not only medical coverage, but also dental and vision. In 2004 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGA) launched Tonik to offer a unique health insurance option for Georgians and hopefully decrease the number of Georgia's uninsured.

While Tonik insurance is available for anyone under the age of 65, typically the plans are marketed toward 19-30 year olds who are no longer covered by a family insurance policy. This age group is just beginning their careers and are less likely to be offered or purchase health insurance through their employers. In Georgia there are three Tonik plans with three deductibles: $1500, $3000, and $5000. All plans are PPO and include medical, pharmacy, dental and vision coverage. Premiums vary depending on insured's age, medical history and residence.

M. Connolly, president of BCBSGA says "Tonik is an important product that allows this growing demographic to purchase coverage on their own terms. We asked 'young invincibles' what they were looking for in a health plan, and we listened. The end result is Tonik -- a plan that makes it easy to understand the concepts and terminology associated with health insurance and provides easy access to a health insurance product they can relate to."

Tonik Georgia Overview:

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia offers three different Tonik plans:

1) the Thrill Seeker (Tonik 5000)

2) the Part-time Daredevil (Tonik 3000)

3) the Calculated Risk-taker (Tonik 1500)

What is the difference between the different Tonik plans in Georgia?

All three Georgia Tonik plans offer the same all-around coverage: preventive, emergency, prescriptions, eyes, and teeth. The only difference is the monthly premium, deductible, co-pay, and number of doctor's visits included. The chart below outlines each plan.

For any questions about Tonik health benefits,co-pay, or any other questions, please call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health professional who can answer any questions you may have about Tonik Health Insurance in Georgia.

Georgia Tonik Plans Comparison Chart:

Thrill Seeker Part-time Daredevil Calculated Risk-taker
deductible $5000 $3000 $1500
average monthly cost $73-$102 $79-$111 $121-$173
doctor's visit $20 (4 visits/year) $30 (4 visits/year) $40 (unlimited visits)
generic drugs $10 $10 $10
ER visit $100 $100 $100
inpatient hospital $0 after deductible $0 after deductible $0 after deductible
dental deductible* $25 $25 $25
cleaning & exams $0 $0 $0
fillings 20% 20% 20%
vision benefit** $50 $50 $50

*All Georgia Tonik plans include the same Anthem Blue Cross PPO dental maintenance plan. Checkups, cleanings and your initial x-rays are free. If you need a filling you only pay the $25 dental deductible and 20% of the procedure, and Tonik Georgia pays the remaining 80%. Tonik Georgia does not cover cosmetic or major dental such as root canals.

**Vision does not require a deductible or co-pay. Tonik Georgia will reimburse you $50 for routine eye exams, regular glasses, contact lenses, or prescription sunglasses.

Apply for Tonik Georgia online or call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health agent about Tonik Health Insurance.

Georgia Department of Insurance - Tonik Health Insurance Georgia

Scroll Up