Health Insurance Reviews

Health

Insurance

Reviews

Articles

Tonik Nevada

Tonik Nevada


Tonik Health Insurance is now available from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada!

Las Vegas, Nevada may be the gambling capital of the world, but Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield is hedging the bet through Tonik Health Insurance.

Tonik is a brand new type of health insurance designed for the 17 million young invincible and uninsured throughout Nevada and the rest of the United States. Tonik plans are unique because the health insurance policies are easy to understand and contain not only medical coverage, but also dental and vision.

Nevada Tonik plans are available for anyone under the age of 65, but typically they are marketed toward 19-30 year-olds who are no longer covered by their family's health insurance policy. This age group is just beginning their careers and are far less likely to be offered or be provided medical insurance through their employers.

Anthem offers three Tonik plans in Nevada with three deductibles: $1500, $3000, and $5000. All Nevada Tonik plans are PPO and include the same medical, pharmacy, dental and vision coverage.


Tonik Nevada Overview:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada offers three different Tonik plans:

1) the Thrill Seeker (Tonik 5000)

2) the Part-time Daredevil (Tonik 3000)

3) the Calculated Risk-taker (Tonik 1500)



**IMPORTANT NOTICE**

Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nevada is only offering the Nevada Tonik Thrill Seeker with a $5,000 deductible at this time. Please check back for further updates.

There are also many other Nevada health insurance plans to choose from, many with very similar characteristics to Nevada Tonik.


What is the difference between the different Anthem Tonik plans in Nevada?

All three Nevada Tonik plans offer the same all-around coverage: preventive, emergency, prescriptions, eyes, and teeth. The only difference is the monthly premium, deductible, co-pay, and number of doctor's visits included. The chart below outlines each plan.

For any questions about Tonik health benefits,co-pay, or any other questions, please call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health professional who can answer any questions you may have about Tonik Health Insurance in Nevada.


Nevada Tonik Plans Comparison Chart:

  Thrill Seeker Part-time Daredevil Calculated Risk-taker
deductible $5000 $3000 $1500
average monthly cost $113 (average cost)    CURRENTLY N/A      CURRENTLY N/A  
doctor's visit $20 (4 visits/year) $30 (4 visits/year) $40 (unlimited visits)
generic drugs $10 $10 $10
ER visit $100 $100 $100
inpatient hospital $0 after deductible $0 after deductible $0 after deductible
dental deductible* $25 $25 $25
cleaning & exams $0 $0 $0
fillings 20% 20% 20%
vision benefit** $50 $50 $50

*All Nevada Tonik plans include the same Anthem PPO dental maintenance plan. Checkups, cleanings and your initial x-rays are free. If you need a filling you only pay the $25 dental deductible and 20% of the procedure, and Tonik Nevada pays the remaining 80%. Tonik Nevada does not cover cosmetic procedures or major dental such as root canals.

**Vision does not require a deductible or co-pay. Tonik Nevada will reimburse you $50 for routine eye exams, regular glasses, contact lenses, or prescription sunglasses.

Apply for Tonik Nevada online or call toll free 1-877-698-6645 to speak with a licensed health agent about Tonik Health Insurance.

Nevada Department of Insurance - Tonik Health Insurance Nevada

Scroll Up